Add an asset to the asset tree
To add a new asset to the asset tree:
- If you're in Navigation View click Asset View to display the asset tree.
- Right click the folder on the tree to which you want to add a new sub-folder and select New.
This allows you to create new assets and folders. Any spaces in the assets you add will be replaced by hyphens '-', similarly if there's an asset branch copy. The asset structure and folders may have been set up, and therefore most editors will probably not require these functions. However a brief description of each function is given below.
- Folder- this creates a new folder for any asset type.
- Editorial Page - this creates a new editorial page but note best practice is to create new editorial pages on the navigation tree to ensure it is positioned correct in the navigation menu.
- StyleSheet - controls the formatting (font size, colours etc) of your site.
- PageLayout- controls where different elements are placed on your site.
- ContentLayout - controls where text and picture blocks are placed on your site.