Add external links
External links are links to pages on other websites.
You can hard code an external link into the text of your web page (inline external link) but this makes the link difficult to maintain.
The Sitekit Links Library offers you a more effective way of adding and maintaining external links on your pages.
Page External Links (Links Library)
- In Navigation view select the page you want to edit.
- Right click and select Edit>>Content.
- Scroll down the page and click on the Choose External Links button.
- This will open the Sitekit Asset Picker window.
- The Asset tree will show all the Links Categories set up on your site. Open the category and double click the external links you want to include on the page. Note you can use links from multiple categories.
- You are able to change the order of the external links by dragging and dropping them in the list.
- Click OK to save your list. T Asset Picker will close and take you back to the Text Editor.
- Remember to save your changes in the Text Editor and in the Page Content screen.
Inline External Links
- If you want to add an inline hyperlink, highlight the target piece of text text and select the insert/edit Link icon. (it lookslike two links of chain).
- This will open the Sitekit Asset List Editor window.
- Type in the URL name.
- Click Insert. This will save your hyperlink and take you back to the text editor.
- Remember that you have to click the Save icon before leaving the Text Editor. And remember to click the Save button before leaving the page!