Add internal links
Internal links are links to other pages on your website.
Adding an internal link allows you to direct users from the current page to another page on the site without them having to find the page on the navigation menu or sitemap.
Internal links can be added to a specific section of your page, by clicking the icon shown below, or you can create inline links by marking a piece of text as an internal hyperlink.
Page Internal Links
- In the Navigation view select the page you want to edit.
- Right click and select Edit>> Content.
- Scroll down the page to find the Internal Links section and click on Choose Internal Links button.
- This will open the Sitekit Asset Picker window.
- Find the page(s) you want to include as internal links on the Asset Tree and double click to include them. When you double click on a page, it's copied into the right-hand panel. To alter the order in which they are displayed to a visitor, just drag and drop them. (If you want to delete one, click the x by the page name).
- Click OK, the window will automatically close and take you back to the content page.
- Click Save.
- Click Publish.
Inline Internal Links
- If you want to add an inline internal link (to text), highlight the text and select the insert/edit Link icon. (it looks like two links of chain).
- This will open the Sitekit Asset List Editor window.
- Click the Assets button and navigate to the page you want to link to.
- Click on a page to select it.
- Click Insert. This will save your hyperlink and take you back to the text editor.
- Remember that you have to click the Save icon before leaving the Text Editor. And remember to click the Save button before leaving the page!