You can create 'Search' pages that allow visitors to your site to find pages by typing a keyword into a search box.
Search pages are created by selecting the 'Search Page' content layout in standard page properties.
Search pages are configured via the Content tab in the Editor window.
- Open in the Content tab of the Editor window the Search page that you want to configure.
- Search page text - type in the box an explanation of how to use the search.
- Search button text - type in the box the text that you want to appear on the search button.
- Results per page - select from the drop-down the maximum number of results that you want to be displayed on each page that is returned by the search.
- Filter on content category - tick this box to provide the visitor with a series of tick boxes so that they can restrict the search to selected categories (e.g. news pages).
- Filter on selected nodes - tick this box and select from the list the areas of the site that you want to include in the search (hold down the Ctrl key to select multiple items).
- Associated page content - you can display downloadable files, internal links, and external links on a Search page. Refer to the Page Content section of Sitekit CMS Help.
- Click Save to save your work or Publish to make it live.