- A guestbook is a page on your website where users can leave comments.
- Related guestbook comments are stored within a guestbook module.
- The contents of a guestbook module are displayed on a guestbook page. One module can supply its contents to multiple pages.
- Guestbook modules are created and configured via the Configure tab.
Managing a Guestbook
Managing a Guestbook involves four tasks - Adding Comments, Publishing Comments, Deleting Comments, and exporting comments to a CSV archive file.
- To add a comment to a guestbook, select the guestbook from the drop-down list (top left).
- Type in your new comment into the blank comment field.
- Click the Add action next to the comment.
Deleting and Publishing Comments
- Select the relevant guestbook from the drop-down list (top left).
- Highlight the comment you wish to publish or delete.
- Click the Publish or Delete Action next to the selected comment.
Some or all of the comments that are stored in a guestbook module can be exported from Sitekit as a CSV (comma separated values) file and used in other applications.
To export comments from a guestbook you first select the specific Guestbook you're interested in by picking it from the drop-down list (top left). This opens a screen similar to the one shown below.
- You can choose a date/time period for the comments to include in the export file using the Export from and Export to drop-down lists. Notice that there are handy Calendar and Clock icons alongside these fields, from which you can select dates and times.
- When you've selected you date/time range, click Export to CSV.
- Select the folder on your computer where you want to save the file and click Save.