The Variable Editor allows you to create Variables which can be used in Templates and Editorial Pages throughout your site. The Editor window has four tabs - Edit, Properties, Usage, and History. Variables are limited to 120 characters in length.
- The Edit Tab is where you edit the Variable, using HTML. Note that Scheme and Language variations are listed where applicable.
- The Properties Tab holds a descriptuion of the Variable.
- The Usage Tab lists all the Page Layouts, Content Layouts, and Variable Blocks, where the Variable is used.
- The History Tab shows recent change history.
Creating a New Variable
- To create a new Variable, first click the Variable Icon to open the Variable Editor.
- Type in the name of your new variable, and click the Add command.
- Now Edit the new variable, and assign a value to it. For example:
Roger's Heavenly Emporium of Price Saving!
Assuming you had called this variable CName, you could now place this variable in a template, using the syntax: <variable>CName</variable>
... or you could place it in a normal text box inside a page, using the syntax:
In either case, the variable name placeholder would be replaced with the text "Roger's Heavenly Emporium of Price Saving!"