Sitekit Forums

Sitekit Forums

General Discussion - Implementing commenting via posts

Andy Hadley

Andy Hadley

Posted on 06 August 2014

Thanks for the webinar today - has helped me puzzle my way through some of my roadblocks. I was looking to use the instructions for page commenting, and it doesnt seem to hang together in a way that enables me to get a working model. I see that your 'was this page useful' is a feedback form, but that didnt give me enough clues. How do I force the users to login to make a comment (without locking down the pages that they may be commenting on until they do so). - had to change the asset class from the default to give publish permission for step 2, assume this may be the key (once I get a bit further in) ? Couldn't find a users peopleID to test that bit. In step 3, the names for the first two fields I guess should be "Name" and "Body" to tie to the previous (it doesn't show that, found through trial and error). I have 2 comments from the form that came through as confirmed by email, but do not show on the comments posts in the CMS. I created one directly in the CMS, and one via the webservice. So the other missing bit of the jigsaw for me was where in the properties you stuff the second, truncated, webservice to link the two together. Found it by checking the "Submit to Web Service or other external URL" which reveals the External Form Submission bit. And it currently looks a mess, but I think I can go to bed now it's all linked up. Perhaps you could review the userguide (unless you want everone doing more work !)

Ian Stewart

AdminIan Stewart

Posted on 21 August 2014

Hi Andy,

Point taken. You alway think you're being obvious when you write these but it's an education seeing someone use your instructions. I've revised the example page here so hopefully it will be cleared to any other followers.

Andy Hadley

Andy Hadley

Posted on 27 August 2014

Thanks Ian,

Although I got this working, I am still struggling.

I have created a blog using posts, and originally had the commenting working on the main page fine. But then in trying to put the commenting to the individual posts, they all report as the same page shortcutID name, so differentiating them in the xsl is proving challenging. Any clues gratefully received.

James Delaney

AdminJames Delaney

Posted on 01 September 2014

Is there any chance we could see some of your code? You might need to do a find an replace on angle brackets and remove magic word colons to get it through!