Sitekit Forums

Sitekit Forums

General Discussion - Viewing Outlook Diaries

Andy Hadley

Andy Hadley

Posted on 09 September 2014

We had a 'corporate diary' in Sitekit, which has been moved, unannounced to Outlook. So in trying to get a view onto it back into Sitekit, we are looking at WebDav. But is there a smart way of presenting a shared Outlook Calendar into a Sitekit diary ?

James Delaney

AdminJames Delaney

Posted on 24 September 2014

Hi Andy, I am not sure. It is possible to subcribe to a posts-based Sitekit calendar using Outlook now which would allow the Sitekit calendar to be visible and up-to-date in Outlook.

Doing it the other way would be dependant on your version of Outlook and exposing data from your Exchange server.

Andy Hadley

Andy Hadley

Posted on 24 September 2014

Thanks. The comms department made a switch away from using the Sitekit calendar, which makes sense for the support secretaries, but has isolated anyone in the practices who may have made use of the information. So yes, I am after exposing data from an Exchange Calendar, There's a lot of mention online of publishing via a Webdav server, but I kept my question generic in case you'd done anything else. (and as we'd have to set this up if it is the best method)

James Delaney

AdminJames Delaney

Posted on 28 April 2015

Unfortunately it looks like there's no easy way to do this then. Realistically the information needs to be published in the most accessible location and then pulled back unto the walled garden, so to speak. That would almost certainly be Sitekit CMS > Exchange rather than the other way around at this point. Who knows what the future holds. Under Satya Nadella leadership we're seeing a much more open Microsoft.